Monday, October 19, 2015

It's okay....I got an eye patch.  Just call me Elder Pirate.


October 12, 2015

I wish I could say that this week has been the best week ever... But it wasn't. It wasn't horrible though, I don't mean to sound so  pessimistic. We had a hard time trying to get a hold of people and teach really solid lessons. And my eye had a freak attack on me. I look in the mirror and it is all swollen. I had to go to the doctors and get the thing checked...it was only a sty. I'm okay though. It is just ugly lookin. It's alright because I got an eye patch. I wore it goes little bit. We went to this one man's home and when he gist saw me he was very intimidated and impressed.
 
During our exchange Elder Ruoho was with me. It went okay. We met probably the coolest 18 year old in Livingston. He was a fair referral and he wants to know more about the church. I wish you guys could meet him. I wish you could meet all these people.

The greatest success we had all week was inviting KayTee to be baptized. He did not agree right away. He said he would pray and ask if that is what he needed to do. He is very sincere in wanting to be on the right path. He is having hard times right now though in response to his meeting with us. Weeks get hard, time seems to be in short supply, stress increases. Yet somehow he is pushing through, and he is not even where some of us are. Somehow he is an example to me and I am the one teaching him! He reminds me of what I need to do by his actions and that is constantly be praying, reading the word, and
diligently searching for the truth. Once we find he truth, we aren't done. We are far from done. Finding the truth is the first step in the thousand mile journey of perfection. As KayTee has encouraged me by his faithfulness, I encourage you, once you find the pathway of truth, don't stop and take a rest, keep walking...no...keep running. Running and shouting for joy all the way back home.

This week I have learned a few things. Other then what I have learned from KayTee, I have had a great awakening to accountability. I found dead that this subject was the main topic for my study a few days in a row. I have loved this section from preach my gospel accountability does not come only at the end of your mission. It is a principle that influences how you begin, how you think and feel about the responsibility the Lord has given you, how you approach your work, and how well you endure. The attitude you have toward your mission experience is a reflection of your love toward your Heavenly
Father and His Son and your respect for the priesthood. As you pray personally and in your companionship, seek inspiration on what you should do each day. As you follow your plans, pray and ask the Lord for guidance. Have a prayer in your heart throughout the day that the Spirit will help you know where to go, what to do, and what to say. Ask yourself, “What more can I do?” In your prayer at the end of the day, give an accounting of your work.

In asking myself, what more can I do, you always somehow find more good to do. Every minute is a privilege, not a rite. That is not exclusive to missionary work, it is for every moment on this planet. For one day we will stand before the Lord and give an account of everything we have ever done. Take the challenge with me to make every moment a wholesome and righteous one. There is true joy in doing so. Such a promise is evident in Mosiah 2:41

41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

So in the end, while we had little success in our areas, we had success within ourselves. We learned great lessons and Joseph to put our knowledge to action. Even in the darkest times, God will always be there dropping sunshine along the way.

Elder Weight




My eye....ewww!

No comments:

Post a Comment