Monday, October 5, 2015


rainbows!

Another cool house!  I'd live there!

October 5, 2015

This week has been...well...AMAZING!!! We had an excellent exchange with Jamestown. Elder Richins went there and stayed with Elder Wilkinson and Elder Draper came down with me. Guess what that ment. I got to drive!! I was very rusty at the beginning. It took a while to get out of there place and get back to Livingston. But after awhile I got the hang of driving again. The roads here are horrible! They are probably big enough for an extra large horse and wagon. I also had the chance to lead the area! That was a cool adventure.

We planned to go and see KayTee again. I gave Elder Draper the rundown of what was going to happen and we planned on teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ And Invite him to be baptized. While we were in there talking to him we somehow began talking about drugs and drinking. He said that he knew that this like smoking and illegal stuff was bad for you but he argued that drinking is not a sin. Drunkenness is though. He also questioned about Christ and how he drank wine and all that. I had a strong impression to talk to him about the word of wisdom. As we did so, the spirit penetrated the room and filed all of us with assurance that it was true. We spoke with voices of thunder yet with a spirit of love and tenderness that was extraordinarily powerful. At the end we talked about commitments and committed him to live the word of wisdom. He said that he would stop everything. He loved to drink tea and that was something he was going to need to work on but he said no more and that he would live it 100%. I can't find the words to explain how rare and how amazing all of this is. Things like that rarely happen. I'm just grateful for his devotion to this gospel. It makes me want to be better myself.
 
The next day we had interviews and curator meeting at the same time. I had to give a training which is very hard to do when everybody is walking in and out of the room to have their interview. However I persevered. All went well with mine and I got to teach president the restoration. He laughed when I told him that I knew that this was coming. I did very well though which I am grateful for.
 
This week was pretty stellar. Even though we almost died trying to put
up shelves in Mickey's house, it was great. General conference was cool.
Three new apostles. How about that? I was worried for President Monson.
He was struggling during his talk. He looked like he was going to pass out. One of my favorite parts was during the priesthood session. I loved Elder Anderson's talk. Can I say one thing? Give Brother Joseph a break! Love it. We are going on another exchange today actually. That should be cray cray. I can't believe I just said that. Anyway good week this week. My goal is that this week will be better. Love you all!
 
Talk yuns later,

Elder Weight

We went to the dam one day.



Studio C...ha ha!

Our members gigantic dog with Elder Richins...He thinks he's a lap dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment