Monday, October 19, 2015


October 19, 2015



In the words of Elder Richins, waiting for transfer calls is like playing Russian roulette with yourself... It's not fun. When we finally got the call Saturday, I was relieved to know that I am staying in Livingston...however Elder Richins will be leaving. He was a very good influence on this little place. The people liked him a lot and he has done a lot of good here. I will miss the guy. He helped me out with this whole missionary thing and I am very thankful for that. We have no idea where he is going though. I think the bigger question is...who is going to be my new companion? Wonder what he will be like. Hopefully we will work well together. Any who, this week....
 
This week our main goal has been trying to go and visit all of our potential and other investigators to see if they are really interested or not. "Cleaning the Area Book". Unfortunately we dropped a lot of people.  Some people have creepy houses and almost every house has a no trespassing sign on it. It is crazy sometimes. We tried to go to this one home and on the way up there was this big old black sign and it had a skull and crossbones on it that said dead end no trespassing. We attempted to go up but then we felt super not good about it. We then turn around and stop to see where to next. The guy and his wife
pull up next to us and he looked super unfriendly...he gets out and stands right next to the car...and when he found out that we were missionaries....he basically said YOU BOYS ARE MEN OF GOD!! Come back and see us. How bout dat. Huh?
 
The best lesson we had so far was with KayTee. We began to teach him about temples. For whatever reason we were extremely jumpy and almost nervous. But then I felt that we were blessed with the help of the Lord. After he helped us calm down, we were able to teach him about what he truly needed. We talked about a lot of various questions. We touched on polygamy and blacks and the priesthood. We also talked about some very deep doctrine with him. Things we didn't even know such as the role of our heavenly mother and owning our own world's and all sorts of difficult things to answer. For some we told him that things like that dont matter right now. What matters is knowing the simple facts and basics first. He agreed with that.
 
We gave talks in church yesterday. They were very successful. I wanted to tell my favorite stories that I have heard so far. One is president Uchdorf’s A Summer with Great Aunt Rose. I read that one first to
everyone. I loved that story because of its great example of faith, hope, and love. The next story I read was actually one someone gave me at the MTC. It is entitled The Room. It is a story that really makes you think and brings tears to my eyes each time I read it. I will include that in a separate email so you can read it. Please read it. It isn't long and it will do you good.
 
I am very grateful that I am not transferred...the main reason why is because I don't have to pack up all my stuff. Whew. That is what our p day will be today though....packing and cleaning. Even if neither of us would be transferred we still would need to go down to transfer meeting because we are retiring our old 2011 ford fusion for a new 2016 Toyota Corolla. And guess who gets to drive it first? Me!
 
We have been doing our best here but as always there is room for improvement. Hopefully the new guy here will be able to get whipped into shape and he will do things country style. Love you all and my
prayers are with you.
 
Elder Weight~

true that

in the library...

the two things that are everywhere in the south...church and dairy queen. And they usually are close together...how convenient!


No comments:

Post a Comment