Monday, January 4, 2016



Elder Hunsaker at Greeter Falls











January 4, 2016

What's happenin'?

Let me give you the rundown on this week's events.

This week really seemed more like a party week then a working week...thanks to New Years. 

Most of the week has consisted of planning for super p-day. For the people that have no idea what I am talking about, on New Years Day we have the entire day to take a break relax I guess. We are also permitted to watch movies that our mission president allows.  Elder Hunsaker was really excited for super p-day. He spent almost $100 bucks on it! He bought all these drinks and food and he bought four movies. 
It really made him mad because when the elders got to the church, they wanted to play sports all that day.  So we spent the day mainly playing Pakistani, basketball and volleyball. They got really into it. It was rather frightening at times. Our Elders love sports. I think it's part of their DNA. Not particularly my favorite...but it beats sitting and watching them so I played and found out I was pretty good at those sports. Let that be a lesson for you kids. Don't be scared to try something new. 

Eventually, we were able to watch 2 of the five movies we had. We first watched the minions movie. That one as pretty funny. I like how most of there language consists of Spanish. Then we also watched Inside Out. I really liked that one. My favorite part was when the girl bumps into the one guy and it shows inside the kids head and he's freaking out. That made me laugh. I can attest to that one. Elder Crosby thought it was dumb and he didn't like it. It was funny because Elder Cushing sitting next to him was like, " that was the best movie ever! I could watch that one again. I cried more then once!" I was laughing pretty hard at that. He didn't seem like the kind of person to be into that. 
All in all we had a good day. We had good laughs, played good games, and I think I have had enough soda to last me for ages! 

Our success is getting gradually better in the teaching category. We were able to set up appointments to visit the investigators that have been attending church. They were there the whole time and I had no idea! This week we also were able find a new investigator! During the holidays I for some reason am drawn to all the houses with Christmas lights on them. As we were leaving this one house in our car, I had a good feeling about it. I felt like we should stop there. For whatever reason, we kept going and almost left the neighborhood. I felt it again..and I turned around and went back to the house. We went up to it and this man came out. We said we were showing a video about our savior and we wanted to share it with him. During the "Because of Him" video, he started tearing up a little bit. I could tell that he was feeling the spirit.  After the video we began to teach the restoration. He was really taken back by it and when we gave him a book of Mormon, his son asked for one also! He explained how he drove a semi and how this was his day off from driving. I love how Heavenly Father makes things work out.  If we didn't go at that moment, we probably would never have found him! We had another thing like that happen also. Every time we drove past this one house, I felt prompted that we should go to it. On Saturday I made a plan that we should go to it...but for what ever reason it never happened. The next day we went out with the first counselor in the bishopric and I asked if we could go visit the house. When we got up to the door the man came out and it turns out that the first counselor and the man were long lost high school buddies. It really blows my mind when things just seem to work out like this.  These little things are really amazing to me.

I also found out from Mickey that an investigator, Breanna Saenz, that me and Elder Richins helped teach is getting baptized on the 16th of this month! I guess when we first started seeing her, she was totally on board with joining! She said that her mom basically raised her Mormon without even knowing it and she was like, we'll if I act like one, might as well be one! She has been going to church and she bore her testimony yesterday! It is great to see the efforts you put into work pay off. And the best part about it is the girl is in a part member family.  If she gets baptized, the less active mom with for sure follow and eventually so will the nonmember dad. Its like dominoes...but better! Way better.

(Everybody tries to spoil star wars for us! It's hard to avoid it but we just to ignore it. And for some reason it's mainly the bishops family! There daughter was talking about it at lunch the other day and Elder hunsaker was really mad and he's like, stop talking! Your ruining everything!   He's okay now...I think)  

Well, I love you all greatly and in case you forgot, their is always somebody who you can count on. Always somebody who knows that you can take on anything. Want to find out who it is? Go to this website


As always, my love is with you and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to write. I'd love to hear from you and answer your questions. Thanks!
Love you my children. May your fondest dreams come to pass.
Elder Weight


A cool Nova we found!



The Force is with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment