Tuesday, January 26, 2016


They are watching us.....

January 18, 2016

Wow! A lot has happened this week. Here we go.

So Elder Hunsaker is gone now. He is now home. Crazy right? He wouldn't stop saying how fast it goes by. It's so true, it's ridiculous. But his time is up and now he needs to get married. Smirking face
My new companion is Elder Overfield. He is sooo good! He is fired up and wants to get at this whole mission thing. We are gonna do real good, I can feel it. 
Elder Overfield is someone who has to always be doing something, so every time I turn around he is cleaning the house or adding names in the areabook or something like that. He's been out for three months so I get to greenie bust him. 

This week has been pretty rough on us. I got sick real bad. I usually don't get sick very often, but when I do I am SICK. My that killed me and I had the worst cough. My nose was so plugged up I could barely breathe. I felt horrible. To be honest I was not in the mood to talk to anyone or just do anything at all. I wanted to climb in my sleeping bag and be done with it. But I tried to go out and see people with Elder Overfield. I did the driving but mainly let Elder Overfield talk...but we did it! We taught some great lessons and I think we had helped a lot of people out. I think that helped my testimony grow ya know? Sometimes we have obstacles, road blocks, or stumbling blocks that get in the way of what we need to do. But when we push through them and do the things that are asked of us... I think that means more to Heavenly Father then just straight doing them. It shows it means something to us, that we really care about it. I know in some situations it isn't as easy, but it's possible. 

1 Nephi 3:

7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

8 And it came to pass that when my father had heard these words he was exceedingly glad, for he knew that I had been blessed of the Lord.

So when you have a lot on your plate, it only means God knows you can handle it.  
That's just something to think about.

Our ward mission leader has a saying that I really believe in. He says that you can't go wrong doing good. There are a lot of times where we have so many people to see or multiple choices we could make and routes we could take it sometimes makes us crazy. We get all confused about what to do. But I found out that as long as you are doing good, it doesn't matter what you do. Some days we try to do things and we end up teaching no one. We may end up offering somebody service or give our number to someone. But that alone is good! I found out the key to having a successful day. I feel like I have a good day when I 1. Feel the spirit that day, 2. Help someone in anyway. Do good to your fellow man. Whether it be teaching or serving or offering the gospel. And 3. When I learn something new. Whether it be church wise or something about life. This life is a learning experience, we should try to learn every chance we get.  This is what I have tried to go by and it helps me get through the slow and rough days. 

On Saturday I got to witness a baptism for this girl I had the privilege of teaching. It took place in Livingston. I got to facetime in and it was great to see my Livingston family again! Elder Richins facetimed to and I saw him also. That was a cool moment. 

Well I hope yall had a good week. It's good to here from ya. If ya need something let me know. I'm like Google. Ask me something. 

Write yall next week!
Love, like, from, sincerely, yours truly,

Elder Weight~

The baptism! She did her hair like princess leia!
Breanna, Elder Powell and Elder Verdine.
And Mickey!

Elder Hunsaker with Our members Brent and Betty. See ya Elder Hunsaker!

I know what I want for my birthday. Smirking faceSmirking faceSmirking face

No comments:

Post a Comment