Sunday, September 11, 2016

August 8, 2016 

Chapter 54: Tearin' it Up

Hey y'all, what's up? Hope ya had a good week. What kinda interesting stuff went down with y'all? Here's what happened with us.

     Most of our week we spent tracting. Tried our best trying get some people to hear us out in what we had to say. Fortunately we did get a few. I think Saturday we tracted somewhere close to three or four hours and one of those was in the pouring rain. It's always funny when someone talks to you in the rain because when you try to give them a book or a pamphlet it's soaked and they just look atcha like your crazy. I heard from Elder Majzer that Ron and Pam Bess, people him and I and Elder Overfield had taught were baptized on Saturday. Booyah! And also all their kids are supposed to be baptised later on too! Work is still goin strong in Altamont. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see the baptism because we were tracting in the rain. 
     Saying that reminds me of probably the biggest thing I had learned this week. During the week Elder Basham and I have had to make some difficult choices and make some sacrifices. Some of them were no small things. But if there is any principle I might have learned this week, it is definitely this one here: A sacrifice for God today is a blessing from Him tomorrow. One of the many great lessons I have come to learn as a missionary is that being successful is not about the number of lessons taught in the week or the number of baptisms you have racked up or how perfectly you can remember your scriptures and so on like you've heard before. Exact Obedience is the price. But by obeying the commandments exactly you are greatly rewarded. The things we give up for God are never EVER vain sacrifices. I believe that God rewards each sacrifice one hundred fold. This scripture to me puts it best.

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Sometimes in order to reach a higher plain God asks us to let go of things. But sometimes God has to bring us low so He can then lift us higher. 
His gifts are better then the world's. 

I love y'all. Hope ya know that. Keep on. If you've got questions, I've got answers so let me know what's on your mind. 

Sure love ya,
Elder Weight

(random story* We pulled into our house and this lady was trying to bust into her house because she locked herself out. After Elder Basham ran me over with the van, we busted into her house for her. #mosiah2:17)
District Meeting in Russellville
Haters gonna hate!
 
The greatest driveway I've ever seen!


No comments:

Post a Comment